Most of the people, who suffer from arthritis, end up in using pain relievers. The unbearable pain while walking up and down the stairs is really discouraging and leave patients depressed. The body cannot function in its normal state when it is not in a balanced state. And therefore the patients search for the alternatives to get rid of the pain.
One of the main causes in why arthritis patients have started using arthritis home remedies is due to the increasing medicine costs. But before you decide to discontinue a prescription consult your doctor first.
But, with your doctor’s consent, you can find many natural options that will help you to manage the arthritis. These simple home remedies will only help you to get relief from the arthritis pain:
Arthritis Home Remedies (natural)
1. Take a teaspoon of honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice and mix them in cup of lukewarm water and have it twice in a day.
2. A good cure for arthritis is taking alfalfa tea.
3. You can also hot vinegar rub the aching joints to get some relief.
4. To the juice of an orange add one tablespoon of cold liver oil and have it before sleeping.
5. Make a juice from bathua leaves and drink it everyday for 2 -3 months on an empty stomach.
6. In a glass of warm water mix two tablespoons of honey and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and drink it once or twice daily can bring a lot of relief.
7. A good liniment to bathe the affected joints with a solution with one parts of kerosene and two parts of pure olive oil.
8. To boost up the immune system have garlic everyday. This also reduces the pain.
Some Other Arthritis Home Remedies that you can do:
1. Weight loosing can be a good way to relieve from the pain. Less weight means less pressure to the affected joints and thus relieves you from the arthritis pain.
2. Doing exercises will help you al lot. Especially when you are in a pool you weigh much less and thus more flexible. This process will also help you to keep your muscle toned.
3. Try to eliminate daily stress. Keeping yourself in a more relaxed and in rest help you counter back the pain.
Arthritis Home remedies – Dietary Supplements
You can also dietary supplements to your daily routine, but before you should first consult your healthcare advisor. This is because some may cause adverse reactions and may not be suitable for you.
The best known dietary supplements are:
1. Fish Oil: Fish oil greatly helps in controlling the body inflammation.
2. Glucosamine Sulfate: Glucosamine is known to be a cartilage building substance and gives a long term relief from osteoarthritis pain.
3. Chondroitin: Improves weight control and shock absorbing ability by drawing fluid into the cartilage.
4. MSM: It is organic sulfur that reduces inflammation.
These are only few examples of arthritis home remedies that a patient can use for temporary relief. However there is still no scientific proof of the facts. Adding heat to the affected joints, nutritional supplements, weight loss, and exercise can improve your joint function and flexibility and slow down the progress of the disease.